Our mission is to support the Brandon Township Public Library through special activities, fundraising, and the acquisition of library materials.
Some members support the Friends simply by making cash contributions, while others become more involved by donating their time. Funds raised from contributions, used book sales, and events sponsored by the Friends of Brandon Library are used to provide the extras that make our Library a great asset to our community. A strong and healthy Library enhances the community we live in. Why not join today? To join, download the form at the bottom of the page, stop by the customer service counter or call 248-627-1460 and leave your name and contact information. A Friends member will contact you.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Become a member and bring a friend along
- Help in the FOL Bookstore
- Advocate for the library at local community events
- Donate gently used or new books, audio books, DVDs, or music CDs
- Make financial donations or gifts in memory of or to honor a loved one
- Leave the library a bequest
We are hoping that an influx of your book donations will replenish our shelves. Please think of us before discarding your books or audiovisual items. Books of all subjects and all ages are gratefully accepted. Thank you for your donations and for your patronage. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT DO THE FRIENDS DO?
We raise funds through the ongoing sale of used books, audiobooks, music CDs and DVDs, in addition to special fundraising events. Some of our projects include:
- Sponsoring the Summer Reading Program
- Sponsoring Adult and Teen Programs
- Funding of Children’s Programs including the Annual Battle of the Books program.
- Funding for library fundraisers
- Providing the monthly Book Page that is a free publication to all patrons