- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 12 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- .5 oz container of fresh basil, chopped or shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- lemon pepper seasoning to taste (I usually use at least 1 teaspoon)
- croutons & parmesan cheese for garnish
- Combine chicken broth, water, heavy whipping cream, and tomato paste in a medium saucepan.
- Add balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Simmer on medium heat for 25 minutes stirring frequently. If the soup begins to boil, turn the heat down to low.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and croutons & serve with a warm, gooey grilled cheese sandwich!